I suggest you ...

Update Maintenance Schedules to Prevent Alerts from Other Computers

Setting a maintenance schedule will cause heartbeat notifications (and optionally all notifications) about that server to be suppressed. However, if I reboot a server with a maintenance schedule set, it's still possible for other related servers to generate events.

It would be nice if maintenance were tied in so that alerts about events on other servers could be suppressed if they relate to the server with a maintenance schedule set.

Example: I need to work on a file server. I add a maintenance schedule for the server, and then reboot it. I will then get 20 alerts from other servers because the DFS Replication link to the server was broken.

One easier option would be to suppress all alerts with *SERVERNAME* in the content. That's how I do it now.

A more advanced solution would be to allow conditional activation of filter packages when a maintenance schedule is set.

I know this would require deploying an update to all the related computers after setting a maintenance schedule. And I know this would not be a trivial implementation. But, as it is now, the maintenance option is not very helpful when connected servers are involved.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)